What is Leadership Wimmera?
Leadership Wimmera’s mission is to stimulate, facilitate and sustain leadership in the region. Our year-long community leadership development programs have supported more than 600 people to grow and thrive and contribute positively to the Wimmera Southern Mallee community since 2002.
These graduates continue to utilise the important life and leadership skills they have learned in their roles as business owners, managers, employees, volunteers, parents, friends and community members.
Employers who have sponsored their staff to participate in Leadership Wimmera programs – including year-long intensive programs and shorter-term opportunities to learn new skills – have observed improvements in the individuals’ confidence, performance and willingness to take on greater responsibilities.
Many graduates have stepped up to more senior positions in their workplace, taken on roles of responsibility in the community and sought ways to contribute to the future of the Wimmera Southern Mallee.
Leadership Wimmera’s mission is to stimulate, facilitate and sustain leadership in the region. We provide cost-effective programs to ensure people who want to participate and learn new skills have the opportunity to do so.
- Provide inspiring leadership learning opportunities to nurture emerging leaders and motivate existing leaders in the Wimmera Southern Mallee
- Enhance, develop and promote leadership in the region
- Contribute to regional development by providing opportunities to grow the skills of people keen to make a difference
- Help to sustain and grow businesses and communities by developing the leadership skills of people in the region
- Provide mentoring and networking opportunities
- Provide a resource for other groups
Programs take a problem-solving approach to highlight the opportunities, challenges and wicked problems that exist for the Wimmera Southern Mallee.